Hackers take over Ndindi Nyoro's Facebook account
- Published By Jedida Barasa For The Statesman Digital
- 2 years ago
Hackers have reportedly gained control of Kiharu MP Ndindi Nyoro’s Facebook page.
The outspoken lawmaker announced on his X handle on January 2, 2024.
“We are trying to resolve the problem,” he said.
Government operative and popular blogger Dennis Itumbi also appeared to confirm that the lawmaker’s social media page had been taken over by unknown people.
“Ignore the updates and Inbox messages being shared by the hackers. We are working to recover and restore the pages,” said Itumbi in a message on Facebook.
A spot check by Nairobi News on the lawmaker’s page indicated the said hackers had so far posted nothing controversial.
The last two posts on the Facebook page, which boasts 562,000 followers, include a Happy New message posted on January 1, 2024.
The message contains the lawmaker’s ‘We are African and Africa is our business ‘signature statement’.
The other message on the online platform has a video showing the youthful politician, donning a black teeshirt, dancing at a concert, presumably to celebrate the new year.
A second-term MP, Ndindi Nyoro is known to be one of the MPs who have President William Ruto’s year.
A trained economist, he currently chairs the powerful Budget and Appropriations Committee in the National Assembly and was recently honoured with the Chief of Burning Spear (CBS) gong by the Head of State.
He reportedly holds interests in stock, brokerage, and construction and is known to be one of the major shareholders in the Kenya Power and Lighting Company.
Mr Nyoro has in recent times attracted varied reactions from Kenyans following his consistent criticism of former president Uhuru Kenyatta.
In the most recent case a few days ago, Mr Nyoro accused Mr Kenyatta of funding the opposition-led government protests, coming hours after former presidential candidate Raila Odinga suggested he would lead Kenyans to the streets to protest against what he said are the high taxes imposed on Kenyans by the Ruto administration.
“The former President has been financing protests, so it would be prudent for him to thank Kenyans for the two terms he served as the head of state and stop planning to topple Ruto’s government,” he claimed.
Share on
Tags
SHARE YOUR COMMENT
MORE STORIES FOR YOU
TSM Trending Stories
DJ Mo’s former illicit lo...
- Published By Jane
- January 15, 2024
Mapenzi! Zari and Tanasha...
- Published By Jane
- October 24, 2023
Zuchu Speaks on Diamond P...
- Published By Jane
- October 12, 2023
Hio Ni Upumbavu Wasituche...
- Published By Jane
- November 8, 2023
TSM'S RECOMMENDATIONS FOR YOU
Alcohol And Weight Gain:...
- Published By TSM
- June 5, 2026
End Of Scientific Researc...
- Published By TSM
- June 7, 2026
Why Dance Classes Might B...
- Published By TSM
- June 8, 2026
PHP vs Python: Understand...
- Published By TSM
- June 5, 2026
TSM Latest Stories
Inside the Multi-Million...
- Published By Jedida
- July 24, 2026
NWHSA, Tana River County...
- Published By Jedida
- July 11, 2026
Edwin Sifuna Ousted As OD...
- Published By TSM
- June 23, 2026
Lionel Messi: Argentina S...
- Published By TSM
- June 23, 2026

